Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jeanne d' Arc Living Inspiration



Hello Friends!
Have you discovered Jeanne d' Arc Living magazine?
I just love it!

It's filled with wonderful French decorating inspirations and ideas.
A quick flip through this magazine can inspire me to redecorate my entire house!
I just ordered a fabulous book called French Atmospheres by Jeanne d' Arc Living--it's filled with beautiful homes decorated in French style in a Nordic way.

(image from the book French Atmosphere)

After studying a look I liked in this book, I was shocked when I realized I already had many of the same items in my home!
I couldn't wait to put the book down and start "playing".


This white shabby chic desk was a gift from one of my generous girlfriends.
Her mother used it as a child and they thought of me when it needed a new home.
It was so very thoughtful!
The lovely little stool was a part of it too.


Many of you might recognize the cubby organizer from Pottery Barn.
It was so lonely packed up in my garage from our last move, so I ran out to the garage and dragged it inside.
I'm liking it propped up on the desk.
Quick note, it is fastened to the wall to ensure safety!


This little industrial table lamp made my heart swoon one morning at a flea market.
I bought it when I was still an antique dealer. About an hour after putting it in my space to sell, I ran back to the store and carried it back home.
Yes, this does happen to antique dealers.
I couldn't get it off my mind and the thought of it being sold broke my heart.
Here it is in my home now and I just adore it.


I have been thinking about turning my metal basket into a hanging light.
I was inspired when I saw one in New York City with a price tag of $1700.
The basket was a find at an antique show last February.

I have to give credit and thanks to Tracey over at French Larkspur for introducing me to the magazine.
It's a special day when I receive my package from her store.
Its wrapped up so pretty, I don't even want to open it (but I do of course)!
You can pre-order the fall issue in her store now.

I hope you all are having a great start to your week and I hope it continues into the weekend!

until next time,

xo
Cheryl

24 comments:

  1. Cheryl ~ It is pretty much my
    favorite magazine ever!! I just
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl,
    What a gorgeous blog! I found you through Faded Charm (Kathleen's White Wednesday post) and am thrilled! Your style is tres chic!!! So happy to be your newest follower.
    Blessings & hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm glad that I've found your blog, everything is so beautiful in here. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cubby organizer. Love your blog and am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love how youve recreated the look Cheryl~ Have a beautiful day my friend~ xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet...I want to sit right down there and pen a letter!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the magazine! I have all the issues of it. :) Lovely place you got here. I really like your shelf. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lamp and I really like your stumps.

    Regards from Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you've put together through the inspiration picture! I like your stool instead of a chair, it makes it more open and less bulky :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful. I will check out this magazine and I love how you have used your pieces
    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore your inspired look! It really has the Nordic French feel. It not only looks wonderful, but is a practical space too which I think is important. I'm always so excited when you have a new post. I just love your style. I wish you could come arrange things at my house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty!
    Don't you just love "playing"?! :)
    Love this look ~ its perfect!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty! I love the crisp white and the tattered lamp :))

    lovely details~~~

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so very welcome Cheryl and am glad I found your blog.

    Beautiful vignette and so very Jeanne d' Arc looking:-) Love it!!!!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cheryl-
    LOVE the simplicity!! Thanks for joining my blog! Have a wonderful day!
    xo~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty. I like the numbers on the shelf. Love the little table.

    Have a nice weekend

    Hugs Bente

    ReplyDelete
  17. you always have such beautiful things! love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a total and complete JDA addict, Cheryl! I want my whole house to look like it stepped out of that mag! How fun it must'ave been for you to shop your home and create that awesome vignette! Could'ave fooled me that it wasn't out of the magazine, girl! lol!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks really great -- love it!

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Cherly, I do the same thing when I receive a new issue! I think the metal basket turned into a lamp would be just awesome! I have seen them everywhere. Just last week I found a black industrial lamp exactly the same as yours at a place called Sweet Salvage in Phoenix. It sparked when I switched it on so my husband redid all the wiring and it works perfect! We love so many of the same things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the magazine too and this looks so great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cheryl - I just HAD to tell you that you inspired me so much with that great desk lamp, that I brought one home with me a couple weeks ago for the frantel in my kitchen. I just LUV it! Thanks for the great idea!!! :) LUV LUV LUV JDA!!! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE the cubby...so many fun things to do with it!
    Your trip to NYC looked amazing...

    ReplyDelete