Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A Healthy Halloween Treat For Kids


Hello friends and welcome to my new followers!
I hope you are all having a wonderful week!
I'd like to say thank you to everyone for your beautiful energy! I deeply appreciate the kindness that comes through this little blog of mine!

I also wanted to say thank you to Kathleen over at Faded Charm for featuring my blog on White Wednesday and to Kim for featuring my tree stump coffee table at Wow Us Wednesdays!


I have a wonderful healthy Halloween treat I would love to share with you.
It was my daughter's turn to bring a snack to pre-school and
I wanted to do something fun, exciting and healthy that she could share with her classmates.
I picked up a ghost press-and-stamp cookie cutter at Williams-Sonoma and thought I would give it a try on some freshly cut apples.


It's really pretty simple to do:

Cut an apple into thin slices.
Using the cookie cutter, press down firmly to cut the ghost shape out of an apple slice and before removing the cookie cutter, give it a stamp.

Viola!
You now have ghost apples!

My kids kept saying "More ghost apples, please!" (This could also be a good trick to get your kids to eat healthy fruits!)


Wouldn't these make a healthy and cute snack at a Halloween party?


If you have any left over sliced apples, you can toss them in a delicious fall-inspired dinner salad, leave me a comment if you want the recipe.

Another cute idea is to use the pumpkin press and stamp cookie cutter on cheese.
It makes super cute orange pumpkins--we brought those to school a couple of weeks ago.

It rained cats and dogs here in Santa Barbara today so we broke out the rain boots and rain jackets. I wish it would get cold enough enough here to snow (sigh).
I'm wishing you all a cozy weekend!

until next time,

xo
Cheryl

13 comments:

  1. Hi Cheryl,

    Love those cute "ghost apple slices." :) My little one is in pre-school also, so it's always fun finding new ways to get the little ones to eat healthier. :) Happy Fall!!!


    Best,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the basket of apples and such a clever snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute idea! I used to soak apple slices in a lemon juice and water bath for a few minutes to keep the apples from turning brown.

    Pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you, and I love everything!

    Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! I need all the luck (and creativity) I can get to get my kids to eat healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cute idea Cheryl :) I loved getting the refreshing rain...it cleaned off all the summer grime!
    You headed up my way this weekend for Remnants?!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. funny idea..you can also place them in water with citrusacid for a while and then they dont turn brown if you dont eat them right away..loved hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful beautiful beautiful blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cheryl-

    I am really loving your blog. I am going to steal the apple and cheese idea. Have a great weekend:)

    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those little ghost apples are so cute. My kids are fruit fanatics, I buy apples like crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your header...that door!!!! Cute idea, i'm not much of any cook..but that is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen that type of cookie cutter before...sorta reminds me of the ones I have from my childhood though...never thought of apples...will have to try it for the grandlittles.
    Rene

    ReplyDelete