Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Rose Pine Cones


Hello Friends!
I hope everyone is having a good week!

Last week my girlfriend and I took our little girls for a mile-long hike behind her house and I happened upon two of these lovely rose pine cones.
Nature walks are so good for re-engergizing and restoring balance, not to mention the cool stuff you find along the way!
They almost look like they were carved out of wood, don't they?
They actually come from the tops of Deodar Cedar Pinecones and when they fall to the ground, they break apart and look like this.
One of natures amazing gifts!

I thought I'd share some personal things going on in my life right now...

I started training for my half marathon this week... woohoo!

My sister just gave birth to her fourth child, a baby girl named Colbie. I'm hoping to get some photos of her soon.

My childhood best friend is getting married this Friday on 11/11/11, eek!

Between now and the end of February, my family has 12 birthdays. It get's pretty busy around here during the Holiday season!

I've picked up my crochet needle again : )

Also, I know everybody reads Maria's beautiful blog Dreamy Whites and it was such an honor to be mentioned on her blog. Thank you Maria! Maria is super talented on so many levels, gorgeous, and the sweetest person. She's got a giveaway going on her blog right now that you don't want to miss!

Wow, are you still there?

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

until next time,

xo
Cheryl



13 comments:

  1. these are so pretty! when I first saw the post I though they where handmade!
    hugs Tereza

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have never ever seen those before..very beutiful. half marathon seems nice and a comfortable lenght of running. ive run 5 marathon and its a bit to long distance..
    have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Nature produces such beauty!! Your display with them on the book is lovely and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are beautiful. good reminder to get outside and explore! thx Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cheryl,
    Those pine cones are so beautiful!! I don't think I've ever seen that kind.
    Wow, you are busy! Congrats on your new niece, how exciting to have a baby in the family again. I miss having little ones!
    Hope you have a wonderful time at all of the festivities!!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cheryl~ Thanks so much for the sweet email you sent me! ;) LOVE the pinecones..so pretty! Have a wonderful weekend!! xoxo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these kind of pinecones. My sister used to live across the street from one of these trees and I snagged a bunch one year and still have them...that was at least 15 years ago:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pinecones are so neat. I don't think I've ever seen that kind before. Wouldn't a basket of them look so pretty? It sounds like you are so busy! Hope you have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are amazing. I wish I could find some of these in my neighborhood! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que belleza! No puedo creer encontrar piñas rosas que parecen talladas... Adoré ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Que belleza! No puedo creer encontrar piñas rosas que parecen talladas... Adoré ;)

    ReplyDelete